Cubic Motion is unrivaled in technology-driven facial animation. See our live animation technology demonstrated at GDC 2016. Comprising a large team of scientists, developers and animation specialists, Cubic is trusted by world-leading studios to provide stunning results at a production speed we believe is unequalled by any service provider or tool-based pipeline. If you’re interested in joining one of the UK’s most exciting high-growth businesses, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about any open positions in technology, animation or business development. Currently advertised positions are listed below. All applicants must have permission to work in the EU. Cubic Motion is an equal opportunities employer. Our only hiring criterion is ability.
2 x Senior C++ Application Developers, up to £60k per annum depending on experience.
We are looking for senior C++ developers to help create the next generation of facial animation applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Design and implement new applications utilising the latest Cubic Motion technology.
* Interact with the research team to both understand and help guide our product development.
* Supporting existing applications.
* Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
* Understand how our applications operate, are structured, and how customers (internal and external) use them.
* Excellent C++ skills (preferably C++ 11/14)
* 5+ years of application development.
* Experience with the Qt application framework.
* Experience with Python
* Knowledge of image/video analysis/manipulation.
* Good maths ability.
* Experience with a 3D animation package or rendering engine (e.g. Maya, Motionbuilder, Unreal Engine)
Facial Animators – multiple roles
To produce high-quality facial animation for AAA video games, feature films, and TV animation.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work closely with the animation lead/supervisor to create highly realistic and detailed facial animation with convincing performances and motion..
* Have the ability to adapt to new projects, pipelines, and facial animation control rigs extremely quickly.
* Be aware of project schedules and be capable of delivering work to demanding deadlines.
* Minimum 1 year animation industry experience, much more needed for senior roles.
* Candidates should have understanding and experience of realistic facial animation and the human facial muscular system.
* Ability to solve problems and predict potential issues with assigned tasks.
* Thorough knowledge of Maya.
* Technically proficient i.e. at least a basic understanding of rigging and scripting.
* Experience animating detailed facial rigs.
Requirements for application
* EU work permit.
* Online demo reel showing previous character animation work, both keyframe and using motion capture, and a strong emphasis should be put on emotive facial performances with 100% accurate lip-sync.
* CV detailing all work experience.
* An on-site facial animation test and interview will be required.